Fall Term is around the corner, but there are still August term courses starting at the beginning of the month, before Fall’s official start date (September 24th). Not sure what to take? Here are a few classes that might float your boat:
Next Sunday, 9/2 – Sea Kayaking For Beginners – Learn all you need to get out on the water. You’ll “learn how to lean and turn a kayak by using basic bracing skills, develop a basic understanding of natural and artificial variables found in the ocean environment, and be shown all essential paddle strokes necessary to move and control your boat in a variety of conditions.”
Starting Saturday, 9/8
- Dawn Walk in Boston – Join a spirited band of explorers in the early morning hours of a new spring day in this beautiful city.
- Sewing Weekend Workshop – A wonderful way to kick off your weekend days, this workshop is open to those who haven’t sewn, those who want to begin again, and those who just want to work on current sewing projects.
- Psychic Skills for a Psychic Life – Longtime faculty member Michael Koran’s popular course that explores the relevance of psychic thinking in everyday decision making.
Tuesday, 9/11 – Grilled Gourmet Pizza making – Learn to make grilled gourmet pizzas, guided by your own creativity and favorite tastes—you’ll never want to order out again.
- Overview of Investment Concepts – Don’t know the difference between a stock and a bond? Confused about mutual funds and your 401k? You should take this workshop.
- Your Amazing Career: Redefining It To Yourself and Selling It To Others – On this whirlwind summer evening, we’ll check in on some of the latest techniques in creative self-assessment, shake loose assumptions about our work and our lives, and look at options for combining those varied essences into appealing and realistic options.