When I think of modeling, I usually picture thin, tall women and boyish men, casting vacant glances from glossy magazine pages. But there’s a lot more to modeling than Vogue magazine: there are healthcare ads, real estate brochures, and corporations a plenty looking for fresh faces. I know this b/c the Center’s got a new course all about the art of posing, called Breaking into Modeling, that breaks down the career opportunities available in the industry.
Rebecca Johnson, the teacher of the course, is a fashion photographer based out of Boston. Check out her website for her work. She’s got a lot of experience working in the industry and offers a realistic approach to making money while looking fabulous. The course description looks pretty good, too.
- Inside the Center: Teacher of the Week: Jennifer Sherr
- Our Tuesday Test Kitchen Series Begins Tomorrow!
- Need to Spice Up Friday Night Date Night?
- Mark Your Calendars for “The Heart of Donal Ryan” on Thursday, October 2nd!
- Last Summer Squared 2014 Event TONIGHT!
- Inside the Center: Teacher of the Week: Edgar Ievins
- Gail Mazur: Massachusetts Poet in the Spotlight
- Inside the Center: Teacher of the Week: Laurie Savage
- Summer Squared Continues this Thursday, August 21, with A Brief History of Chocolate
- ONLY 2 SEATS LEFT for Watercolor Boot Camp Tomorrow!