- Five-Week ESL Classes Start Monday, August 11th!
- Extreme Home Makeover almost finished at 42 Brattle!
- Early Bird Gets the Worm! Register Friday for Fall Term 2014.
- Inside the Center: Teacher of the Week: Mary Valentine King
- Welcome, Jeannie Martin, Haiku extraordinaire!
- How to Buy Cheap, Good Wine!
- State Food Rankings: Find Out Where Massachusetts Ranks Here!
- Inside the Center: Teacher of the Week: Skip Schiel
- Holly Fair 2014 Application Now Online! Click the image to apply.
- 16 Ways to Get More from Your Small Backyard
Looking good! It has been a busy summer for the remodeling crew at 42 Brattle and we are just about finished. Thank you to the Massachusetts Historical Commission, the Cambridge Historical Commission and all of the CCAE donors for making this “makeover” happen. Not only do we look great but we are more energy efficient with new storm windows and other upgrades.
Come by and see for yourself!
Mary serves as an acting coach/advisor to many New England colleges. Register today for her one-session improv class on Thursday, July 31st!
We are very excited to have Jeannie Martin renowned teacher and author of Clear Water, an introduction to Haiku, here at the Center starting her NEW class, Haiku Now!
Jeannie Martin has led many retreats and workshops on haiku as a way to deepen awareness of the present moment and one’s connection with the natural world. Clear Water is a result of these retreats. She is an active member of the Haiku Society of America and co-founder of the Alewife Brook Haiku Group in Cambridge, MA.
Jeannie teaches haiku in many community and institutional settings. In addition, Jeannie Martin works with formerly homeless older men, and is a Faculty Field Adviser at Smith College School of Social Work in Northampton, MA.